Friday, May 7, 2010

Dirt Bike Cake

One week after we celebrated my daughter's first birthday, I was back in the kitchen baking a cake for my son.  

Lucky for me his request was fairly simple.  He asked for a "dirt bike cake" and that is exactly what he got.

 For me, it's all about the details.  The "dirt bike guy" is #4 and my little guy turned 4!

My lil buddy with his buddies!

Peeking at the cake!

I used chocolate doughnut holes and cocoa puffs and chocolate rocks on this cake.  The path is made from dark chocolate ganache.

This was a fun cake and very forgiving  Best of all, my boy loved it and my husband deemed it "best tasting cake so far"  Double points for me!!


JHRME said...

Yum! That looks so good! I liked the glimpse of paper lanterns in the background! Im a huge fan of those right now! And those little details like #4 are the best kind to hear about!

Rebecca said...

Coolest little boy cake I've ever seen! :) I know lots of little boys who would LOVE this! :)

Tracy said...

This is briiliant! My boys want a motorcycle party this year and this is perfect. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

The Cake Lady said...

Oh my you are clever!!
I want to do one like this but am not sure where to find chocolate rocks? I have seen rock candy, but not for a while!
I love it, did you just sculpt the cake after stacking?
I just got asked and have 3 days to come up with something!!
Thanks for sharing!